Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find links to current projects and also my evolving portfolio. My main purpose is to share my experiences with LIVING HISTORY, or history brought to life in ways that teach our children and bring families together.

At right is the link to my "B is for Blanding" book which you can now buy online, and also to my family history blogs. (I am currently spending most of my time on family history!)

10th Anniversary of the 2002 Olympics

I love the "Living History" moment that our kids got to participate in this month. Venture Academy students went on an "expedition" to learn more about the 2002 Winter Olympics held in Utah. We took a trip to Park City to visit the Utah Olympic Park and the Salt Lake 2002 Olympic Museum and then shared what made this event such a great moment in Utah history at an official celebration in downtown Salt Lake. 

The Park....

 



The Museum ...




 (Pic above is Jimmy Shea's helmet) 


The Celebration ...

As part of the expedition and the celebration in Salt Lake, Venture students wrote "If I Were" historical fiction and created artwork inspired by the Salt Lake 2002 Olympics.Our son and daughter both researched Jimmy Shea, the Olympic Gold Medalist in the skeleton. Their drawings and writing were on display at the Union Pacific Depot today! 




The coolest part of all was ... they got to meet Jimmy Shea in person!














No comments: