Welcome!

Welcome to my blog! Here you'll find links to current projects and also my evolving portfolio. My main purpose is to share my experiences with LIVING HISTORY, or history brought to life in ways that teach our children and bring families together.

At right is the link to my "B is for Blanding" book which you can now buy online, and also to my family history blogs. (I am currently spending most of my time on family history!)

The Night Grandma Lost Her Nightgown

by Deniane Kartchner


Grandma knew where all her things were.
And when clothes were dirty it wasn’t hard for her
To find the clothes basket, and throw the clothes in,
Then put them in the washer to wash, rinse and spin.
When the clothes were dry, she’d sort and fold
And then put them away, very NEATLY, I’m told.

So the night that she lost her nightgown, you see,
Grandma couldn’t imagine where it would be!
She looked in the basket, looked under the bed,
She looked in the closet and on shelves overhead.
When she got to the dresser… she was ready to doze,
So she just jumped into bed.  She’d sleep in her clothes!

Just as she closed her eyes for the night,
From the bathroom door appeared a strange sight.
Into the bedroom danced ... her MISSING NIGHTGOWN!
“Why, someone is WEARING it!” she thought with a frown.
Then she laughed out loud.  He looked so funny!  
It was GRANDPA in her nightgown: “Is this what you’re looking for, honey?”

Grandpa was grinning, and though grandma frowned,
She loves to tell the story of the missing night gown.

*I wrote this story several years ago and think it would make a really cute children's book. 

No comments: